Are you tempted to use your skills to manage a podcast series with world leading experts? Do you have experience with managing social media and developing communication strategies for a non-profit organisation? Are you interested in participating in a project with European and global impact? Frank Bold is looking for a Communications officer. Become part of the Responsible Companies team working to strengthen corporate sustainability rules!
What does Frank Bold do for corporate sustainability ?
At European level, we pushed through the adoption of an ambitious reform of the rules and obligations for companies to report on their sustainability risks and impacts and participate directly in the development of accompanying mandatory EU sustainability reporting standards. Our efforts to improve corporate responsibility also focus on the new proposal to adopt a European framework on environmental and human rights due diligence which we advocate for as a member of the European Coalition for Corporate Justice. We are coordinating the Alliance for Corporate Transparency, a platform made up of over 20 major non-profit organisations, collaborating with responsible investors, academia and business leaders and directly engaging in the development of mandatory sustainability standards in the EU.
What is our Communications officer position about?
- Developing (with the rest of the team) and implementing an effective media and public relations strategy based on the target audience.
- Managing the production of a podcast series with leading experts in the world on the most pressing corporate sustainability issues.
- Social media management.
- Developing communication outputs e.g. contents for the website and social media, blog posts, newsletters, and support the dissemination and visualisation of our advocacy and research work.
→ If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill the short form below.
Is it the right position for you?
- You already have some experience with social media or another relevant communications agenda. You want to grow further in the field.
- You can easily work and collaborate with partners, technical experts, policy makers, as well as adapt messages to the wider public.
- You possess excellent organisation skills, English proficiency and want to work in an international environment. French and other EU languages will be an advantage.
- You have ambitious goals and want to help resolve major global challenges, including climate change and systematic human rights violations.
- You are able to quickly familiarise yourself with new topics through research, policy documents or expert publications. Experience within a non-profit organisation will be an advantage.
- You are eager to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. We are looking for someone that fits with the team and the organisation
What can you find at Frank Bold?
- Meaningful work, informal working environment, great European team and opportunity to meet interesting projects and people. Opportunities to grow professionally and a great deal of freedom at work.
- Full-time position (openness to 0.8 part-time agreement).
- Working place in Brussels, Prague or Brno.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly from home.
- One-year fixed term contract, with a view of extending to a permanent contract.
- A competitive remuneration package and salary range will be offered based on qualifications and experience following Frank Bold guidelines.
If you think our position might suit you, try applying! To apply, please fill in the following form and attach your CV here: https://airtable.com/shrRKVlQeR1VjDWDd.The deadline for applications is 2 April 2023. We are looking forward to your application.
Phone interviews with short-listed candidates will be organised on a rolling basis. Selected candidates will be invited to a personal interview which will probably take place on 13 April 2023 in Brussels or online. Expectation to join the team as soon as possible.
More about us
Frank Bold is an expert group combining legal expertise on sustainable finance and corporate governance; clean energy; business and human rights; values of democracy and freedom; and a focus to strengthen the voice of civil society.
Established in 1995, Frank Bold is headquartered in the Czech Republic and has offices in Brussels (Belgium) and Krakow (Poland). The organisation seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. The Responsible Companies section at Frank Bold focuses on improving EU legislation and developing a corporate accountability framework that better integrates societal interests in companies’ purpose, governance, and decision-making. Frank Bold is coordinating the Alliance for Corporate Transparency, a member of EFRAG's Sustainability Reporting pillar preparing technical advice for the adoption of mandatory EU standards on sustainability reporting by the EU Commission and a board member of theEuropean Coalition for Corporate Justice.
For more information please visit our website: http://en.frankbold.org/our-work/programme/responsible-companies